Thursday, July 22, 2004

Site Swarming

In a recent blog I have told you that I visited Eyebees. After the meeting I directly made a download of their application Eyebees Swarm. Installation went very easy and producing Swarms also has succeeded. I must say, it is a brilliant idea, I certainly want to experiment with swarming. The technology looks splendid, but ... I don't understood anything at all of the functionality of their application. I called Marco Bunge and he visited me today.

Marco is an enthusiastic narrator, who wants to measure the group dynamics of the world-wide-web, real time, dynamic swarming. He speaks like a true believer. But I am just one of those stupid persons who need nevertheless more insight in the functionality. I keep on asking Marco. It appears Eyebees has two types of applications:
1. Site Swarming: visualisation of the current users of a site, think of making graphically visible the logging of a site;
2. Web Swarming: visualisation of the common surfing within a social network, think of graphics reflecting the sites visited by other surfers.

Eyebees is putting the first application in the market. I think they should follow a dual business strategy:
- a free version which every amature blogger can add to its own weblog, so you can see how much traffic there is;
- a commercial version with which owners of professional sites can offer extra functionality to their visitors, for example Instant Messaging between the current site visitors.

I am curious if there already happens more swarming on the Internet. What would you like to do, if you were offered the opportunity being able to communicate directly with other site visitors, as a type of interaction in an instant social network?

No comments: