Friday, July 30, 2004

SMS-Cell Broadcasting

SMS-Cell Broadcast (CB) is a non-intrusive, realtime service of distributing text messages to tuned-in mobile handsets, specific to their current location. Where SMS is a service of individual messages, CB is capable of broadcasting one single message to reach all mobile handsets in an area as small as one radio cell and as big as the entire country. Only handsets that have CB-channels activated will receive the messages. It’s fast and it’s real-time! Sending a message to millions of handsets is a matter of seconds.

Cell Broadcast is available in all GSM networks and almost all types of handsets support it. A telecom operator that has a Cell Broadcast Centre can make the service available. Entering messages is done through an automated application, or through a graphical user-interface. (LogicaCMG Factsheet Cell Broadcast System).


ICTU has done, on the order of the Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations (BZK) and the Ministry of Economic Affairs (EZ), exploring research to the feasibility of cell-broadcasting of government services (Novembre 2002 - March 2003). The first applications are sought in the improvement of crisis and disaster managemen. Sweeping measures must always be accompanied by communication with the citizens. Cell-broadcasting makes this possible, for specific area's.

Here also lies an interesting application for Digital Radio. Both regional and local broadcasting radiostations require a cell-infrastructure. In a crisis situation, warnings and other messages can be heard ànd it can be shown on the datadisplay.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My visit to your site, Hotze, was the results of the telemarketing search for information regarding the subject SMS-Cell Broadcasting. Even though some of the articles on the site may not support the telemarketing project, I must say, it’s an informational and very interesting site and its content will benefit many. Thank you for reading my comment.

Anonymous said...

My visit to your site, Hotze, was the results of the prospects search for information regarding the subject SMS-Cell Broadcasting. Even though some of the articles on the site may not support the prospects project, I must say, it’s an informational and very interesting site and its content will benefit many. Thank you for reading my comment.

Anonymous said...

Hi Hotze,

As a result of reading your blog "SMS-Cell Broadcasting", I think you will discover my site on Highest Wages In All States will be a great help.

To illustrate our diverse range of wages information, here are some of the latest search terms that located our site ...

Farm Labor Contractors Wages
Crop Farmworkers Wages
Nursery Farmworkers Wages
Greenhouse Farmworkers Wages
Crop Laborers Wages
Nursery Laborers Wages
Greenhouse Laborers Wages
Farmers Wages
Ranch Animals Farmworkers Wages.

We have over 200 "have to read" career and wages articles in addition to many other interesting subjects in our Wages For All Occupations site.

Best Regards
Emily

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a great site you have here, Hotze. I found is from my search for lead generation. In my opinion., is a cut above the others. Even though my research regarding SMS-Cell Broadcasting lead me here but match is not exact for SMS-Cell Broadcasting, the content is very beneficial and rewarding. Thank you for reading my comment here.

Anonymous said...

Hello there, Hotze, i thought your SMS-Cell Broadcasting blog was great and i think if you into marketing you may like voice broadcasting cool Website. now just http://www.lowcosttraffic.com/mlm-telerecruiter.html Click Here

Anonymous said...

Hello there, Hotze, i thought your SMS-Cell Broadcasting blog was great and i think if you into marketing you may like voice broadcasting services cool Website. now just http://www.lowcosttraffic.com/mlm-telerecruiter.html Click Here

Anonymous said...

Hi, Hotze, I liked your blog its my first time here! If you are interested, go see my autodialers related site. Its purley for Businesses who need telemarketing.http://www.lowcosttraffic.com/mlm-telerecruiter.html

All the best to you!

Anonymous said...

Great Site, looks like a good group of knowledgable telecom professionals. I'm still working on my site, I have been strictly voice broadcasting wholesale, setting up reseller platforms.My actual dialer lines are being used and my cost is low. I would say, Im the lowest in the market; depending on the volume.

I have recently entered the Mobile messaging arena; trying to roll that out on a wholesale platform as well. I offer fixed monthly payment option with unlimited text messaging and email.